DeSoto Parish Air Industrial Park Infrastructure Improvements
The Coordinating & Development Corporation’s role in this project resulted in substantial investment and new jobs:
- Applied for and obtained a $700,000 U. S. Economic Development Administration (EDA) grant for infrastructure improvements in the industrial park.
- Applied for and obtained a $1,031,000 Louisiana Community Development Block Grant (LCDBG) for infrastructure improvements in the industrial park.
- Provided administration services for the EDA and LCDBG grants and assisted MB Industries, a new company creating at least 158 new jobs.
- Partially paid for aerial photographs of the construction.
- Worked with the project engineer to develop a Master Plan.